Select Sector Experience
Value and positive impact delivered across diverse sectors
- Spearhead Africa has been engaged by a consortium of Kenyan retirement funds who have come together to make long-term infrastructure and alternative asset investments in the East African region.
- Through the consortium, Spearhead Africa aims to mobilize $250m for investments in infrastructure and provide competitive returns and diversification for member funds.
- Spearhead Africa provides investment advisory, day-to-day administrative and advocacy services to the organization.
- Spearhead Africa has been engaged by a top retirement benefit scheme to advise and execute on its 10-year strategy including rebalancing of its property portfolio featuring residential and office assets across Kenya
- Tasks performed: Financial analysis and modelling, appraisal of scheme properties to determine; current status, rental capability and opportunities for additional value creation, asset disposal strategies and pricing guidance, formal investment documentation (Investment Teaser, Presentation)
- Spearhead Africa has been engaged by the largest pension fund in Kenya with a net asset value of USD 2.1 Billion and approximately USD 300 Million invested in property assets to aid in strategy development and execution of their property investments.
- Tasks performed: Financial analysis and modelling, asset review and market analysis, structuring of finance, project investment brief and investment structure.
- Spearhead Africa has been engaged by a digital learning platform that supplements in-class teaching of Kenya’s primary and secondary school curriculum to develop the company’s 5-year strategy and secure early-stage investment.
- Milestones: Developed content distribution and profit-sharing strategy leading to partnerships with over 50 of Kenya’s top ranked teachers countrywide and facilitating engagements with two large DFIs for debt investment.
- Spearhead Africa has been engaged by a pan-African e-commerce platform to develop their digital lending strategy and structure a partial credit guarantee facility which would facilitate greater lending to MSMEs on the platform.
- Tasks: preparation of concept note and financial model, engagement with local lenders and development of MSME acquisition strategies